Access to Independence is partners with San Diego's Gas & Electric Company. Through this partnership, Access to Independence is able to provide the most up-to-date information on how to save on your electric bill and notifies our consumers if there is a power outage in their neighborhoods. Check out the articles below for the latest news!
Emergencies come in many forms such as wildfires, storms, earthquakes or floods. There’s no better time to prepare for an emergency than right now. Below are some tips and resources to help you plan and stay safe should an emergency happen. Visit sdge.com/emergency for emergency checklists and evacuation plan ideas.
1. Develop an emergency plan. Identify a place to meet with family, safe routes and shelters, as well as what actions you will take. Discuss and practice the plan with your family, including your children and pets.
2. Prepare an emergency kit for at least three days. Keep essentials on hand like water (one gallon per person per day), a first aid kit, flashlight, canned goods, medicine, clothes and cash. Stock your kit with items you and your family need, including those with a disability, seniors and your pets. Store supplies in easy-to-carry containers such as backpacks or plastic crates. For ideas, download helpful checklists at sdge.com/checklists.
3. Help your neighbors. Being a good neighbor takes more than sharing the occasional cup of sugar or hosting a potluck. It’s important to help our neighbors during emergencies, especially those who are vulnerable, elderly or disabled.
4. Update your SDG&E contact information. SDG&E will make every effort to communicate with you during emergencies. Go to sdge.com/MyAccount to sign in. From the My Account homepage, click on “Account,” then select “My Profile.” Here, you can make sure your contact information is up to date.
5. Sign-up for power outage notifications. Get notified when there is an outage in your area. Sign into sdge.com/MyAccount. From the My Account homepage, click on “Account,” then select “Notification Settings.”
As our partner you will get exclusive benefits! Let us promote your organization on our website, social media platforms and e-newsletters. Currently, we have over 500 people who read our newsletter and thousands of individuals combined who follow our organization on Facebook and Instagram.
For more information, please reach out to us at email@example.com